Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy 2011...Goodbye Gus!!!

I hope that you are all having a great start to the new year! Sorry that I haven't posted for awhile, but two days after Christmas, we had a very unwelcome visitor creep up on us in the middle of the night — we'll call him Gus Gastroenteritis.

Gus decided to visit little Grady first and it was a very long and sad night for both of us.  I felt so bad for him. By 6:00 a.m., he was in his fourth set of pajamas and there were no clean blankets or sheets left. After walking around like a zombie all day and doing loads upon loads of *soiled* linens and clothes, it was finally bedtime...ahhh. But, wait...Brynlie walks into our bedroom and says that her stomach hurts. Oh no, I thought...this can't be! I walked her back to bed to sit with her for awhile and didn't even get a chance to cover her up before Gus struck! Here we go again for the second night. By morning, she was pretty much finished ridding the "yuckies" out and I stayed hopeful that it was over. Mark and I were even joking with Eden that we had to "ban together, stay strong, and not let *him* get the 3 of us!" Haha! She was all into it and laughing and said that she definitely wouldn't get it! She was partly right because poor Grady started again on the third night! How the heck does that happen?!!

Okay...so we were on the fourth day of this crap — literally — and I still had barely slept, had not been able to leave the house to take them anywhere, and was still doing laundry! Please...I begged...throw me a bone and give me a break...it's the holidays.

Gus didn't care...he didn't care how tired I was or that it was New Year's Eve and we had plans. He didn't care that I hadn't left the house for 5 days. He decided to hitch a ride with Eden shortly after midnight as we went into the new year. Geez...thanks Gus...at least you let me watch the ball drop! We did have a good laugh with her in the morning when Mark and I teased her that we were supposed to stay strong against this beast! Haha!

Finally...it was January 1st...the start of a new year, a clean slate, and all three kids had finally rid themselves of the *ickies* and we could finally go do something, get some fresh air, and enjoy one of the last days they had left of their break from school. As we talked about what we wanted to do and how we were going to celebrate, my stomach started to rumble and I instantly got achy and feverish. You guessed it...Gus wasn't done with us yet. He decided to lay his wrath upon Mommy before he left. 

So...here we are on January 4th and everyone is wonderful and healthy and Gus hasn't been back since the 1st. Are you wondering about Mark? He never got it and feels great. Maybe Gus decided to give him a break for once since every time he has visited Mark in the past, it has been during hunting season or some other important event going that Gus managed to ruin!

Now that I am feeling better, I wanted to get back online and let everyone know that I wish you nothing but the best for 2011 and may all of your hopes and dreams come true and may we all remain safe, happy, healthy, and Gus-Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment